I’ve spent a couple days finishing up the plaques. I’ll post again with some final pictures. The finishing touches have all been manual things including:
- I hand routed a corner on the plaques to dress up the edges.
- Sanded and stained
- Rubbed with Tung oil
- The arrows were masked with tape and striped in various colors to signify each boy’s achievements
- The arrows were fletched with traditional bar feathers.
- They were pointed with some reproduction points I found on eBay.
- The arrows were epoxied to the posts.
I can’t take any credit for the feathers or points. That is a skill I don’t possess. Fortunately another parent/leader in our den has mastered those skills and did an outstanding job.